Recipe of the Week: Blueberry Vodka Sour
March is upon us, and you know what that means – spring will soon have sprung! We can’t wait to start seeing the flowers start to bloom, the bees start to buzz, and the fresh fruit start to appear in markets. To start to get in the spirit of the warmer months, we decided to enjoy a Blueberry Vodka Sour this week, and it immediately became one of our favorite recipes!
We love when tastes match up perfectly, and Blueberry & Wildflower Cocktail Caviar’s blend of sweetness and floral notes pairs wonderfully with the tart lemon juice in this recipe. The foam on top reminds us of a creamy blueberry-lemon sorbet thanks to the Blueberry & Wildflower Cocktail Caviar juice, and the floral garnish fits right into the cocktail’s aesthetic. Feel free to tweak the ratios of CC juice, simple syrup, and lemon juice until you find what’s perfect for you.
Muddling the blueberries before shaking this cocktail adds some great flavor (and some healthy antioxidants, too), but isn’t totally necessary if you don’t have any on hand.
We hope this recipe will bring you essences of spring as we approach March’s first weekend. Let us know what other recipes you’ve been creating by using the form on our Recipes page! As always, please pop responsibly!
Blueberry Vodka Sour
- 2 Martini or Coupe Glasses
- 4 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Lemon Juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 oz Blueberry & Wildflower Cocktail Caviar Juice
- 3 oz Blueberry & Wildflower Cocktail Caviar
- 20-30 Blueberries (muddled)
- Edible Flower Petals (garnish)
- Add the vodka, simple syrup, lemon juice, Cocktail Caviar juice (not the pearls), and blueberries to an empty shaker.
- Muddle the mixture together until the blueberries are crushed.
- Add egg whites.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for 45-60 seconds.
- Strain into a large glass or bowl and remove ice from shaker.
- Shake again without ice for 20-30 seconds.
- Strain equal amounts into each glass.
- Add equal amounts Cocktail Caviar to each glass.
- Garnish with edible flower petals and enjoy!